Saturday, June 15, 2013

Making the Exchange

I have a hard time letting things go.  I carry around offenses and disappointments for a really long time.  Thank the Lord for the Lord! He always steps in to renew my mind.

Recently, I was meditating on a sore area of my past and it began to drag me down.  After each meditative minute, the weight on my chest grew heavier and heavier.  Ugh!

Then I received an image.

I saw a free bird carrying around the cage she had been previously trapped in. Why in the world would a newly-freed caged bird hold on to her cage?!

And then I realized that I was the bird! Darn it!

The cage is my back-up.  "Well God, I'm running this race for you but if things don't work out, I am going back into my cage, back into hiding, where much isn't' required of me."  And there's the fear... again!

I was flying over a vast ocean.  The living water (that is Christ) filled the ocean with love, joy, peace, and every delight from heaven I could think of.  I saw God on the horizon.  As I stared, I loosened my grip on the cage.  The cage crashed down onto some rocks below and broke up into little pieces that were soon swallowed up by the ocean.



Ok Lord... I get it.  I get it. Will I live it though?  Will I live like a free bird?  Will I dare to soar?  Will I keep my eyes fixed on you?  Will I trust you as the wind beneath my wings?  Do you see me?  Will you comfort me?  Are you my rest and refuge? 

Ok, so this is it.  One more 'gain.  I am exchanging my bondage for freedom.  He's pulling me out.  I hear him saying, "Come out here beloved and walk on this water with me.  Soar with me.  Rest with me.  Delight in me, as I delight in you.  Let's do this."

Ok, Lord.  Let's do this.  Give me a minute though to tie my shoes.  Teehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment