Saturday, September 20, 2014

It's All Good

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Just picture it.  A girl, with dog in hand, stands on the curb as a man practices parallel parking - over and over and over again.  Every time Sean maneuvered the car into the space, I exclaimed "You did a good job!  Try _________ next time."  I said that every single time.

After a while, Sean says, "I am not listening to you anymore.  You always say good job."

That I do!  I just can't help it!  I saw him earnestly trying and my initial response, every time, was good job.

This morning I thought about God's promise to work everything out for "good".  No matter the circumstance, God says "good".  

Where there's pain, God says GOOD - I will show my glory.
Where there's confusion, God says GOOD - Fix your eyes on me, and I will lend you clarity.
Where there's a bruised heart, God says GOOD - Allow me to enter as the lover of your soul.
Where there's loss, God says GOOD - I will be your source of provision.

I am taking the time to examine my present circumstances.  My job tenure ends in 3 weeks.  EEK!

God says GOOD - Elise, allow me to employ you with my heart's desires and dreams.  Your next steps are guided by my hand.  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  I am with you always and forever more.  This is working together for  GOOD.   


No comments:

Post a Comment