Sunday, May 10, 2015

Vulnerability

I sat, naked and alone.

I awaited the doctor's entry into the room.  Clothed with nothing but a paper vest and an equally fragile paper blanket across my lap, I felt insecure. 

I suddenly remembered all of the moments when I felt helpless.  I felt helpless when my mother battled her anxiety and depression. I felt helpless when I thought I would never make it through graduate school.  I felt most helpless when I believed God had forgotten about me.

My renewed mind kicked in.  Scriptures rose from the depths of my heart.  I heard, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  I heard, "The Lord is near to all who call on him."  I recaptured, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

Immediately, as I meditated on the truth communicated through these scriptures, an overwhelming feeling of peace washed over me.  

The appointment proceeded as routinely as expected.   And throughout the visit, I worshiped God for being near, dear, and ever so comforting in every aspect of my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment