Thursday, January 3, 2013

One Word for 2013


Ok ok... so apparently this one word for the year is a thing!  I didn't know other people received a word to guide each year too!  I have been getting words since college.


Past:  It's my senior year of college. I am in a strategic planning course and the instructor writes "dream" on the board.  As soon as she did, I got that "Holy Ghost shudder" in my bones.  At the end of the course she told everyone to pick a stone out of a bag; the stone would have a word on it that the "universe" wanted us to hear.  I reached into the bag and pulled out a stone with the word DREAM  on it!  Ha! That was my word for the year. (I still have my stone by the way.)

Present:  I have two words.  (Yes, I am a rebel.  Couldn't you tell by the fro and fist?) My two words are RESTORATION and HONOR.  (Don't you love when the Holy Spirit whispers words to you that you have no clue about lol.)  I believe that God is going to show me more about restoration by allowing me to understand what was restored by Christ's crucifixion.  I am on this love kick, so I am hoping to see the relationship between love and honor this year.  I'll keep you posted!

One Word Lesson:  So, I have found that my words do not expire at the end of the year.  Nope. In fact, they build into the next word and the next.  DREAM flowed into DEEPER, and I still aim to find evidence of these guiding words in my present. Keep a running list! 




3 comments:

  1. They are good words - Go with the flow and see where it takes you. Wish you an awesome 2013. Dropping by from the OneWord linkup.

    Here's my post

    http://suzysomedaysomewhere.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/ubc-day-4-my-one-word-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, after reading your post I am reminded that the words do unfold in unexpected ways. Like you with your word, I am looking forward to seeing the majesty of restoration and honor unfold in my everyday living.

      Here's to your abundant year! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love this!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leading me here! I've had a few words too, and I agree that they flow into the next one and keep going. Intentional and gratitude flowed into love. Love flowed into permission.

    BTW, I was so glad to read this: "Don't you love when the Holy Spirit whispers words to you that you have no clue about..." So glad to know I'm not alone!
    Nice to "meet you" Elise! May your year of Restoration and Honor be full of blessing!

    ReplyDelete