Sunday, January 13, 2013

Things I've Learned Since Turning 25

  • I can trust my gut.
  • I have the best girlfriends!
  • I don't believe in stockings.
  • I am more like my mother than I would  like to admit.
  • That quarter-life crisis between the ages of 22 and 24 was a waste of time.  God's got me!
  • My purpose in life is much bigger than my college major and current job.
  • I need mental health days.
  • Fast food does not do a body good. Not.at.all.
  • I can learn to "speak" man.  They are not wired the same as me and that's okay.  Instead of frustrating myself trying to get him to understand my language, I'll just continue to learn to speak his!
  • Flirting is fun. #teamsingle
  • I am beautiful.  Because God said so. 
  • I really like my body.  Jiggly parts and all.
  • Also, my body really likes exercise.
  • It's okay to accept a compliment.
  • Periods will always suck. (Bloating is real ladies.  Bloating.is.real.)
  • I look better in black jeans.
  • My friends will give me good advice if I let them.
  • It's okay to say "I don't know".
  • It's okay to ask for help.
  • My family will still love me even if I make a mistake.
  • I can forgive.
  • I can be forgiven.
  • I desire to equip and empower.
  • God is the best lover this girl could ever have. 
  • I can't wait to be intimate with my husband.  Can't.wait.
  • Submission and surrender are not bad words.
  • I can be happy even without all the things I (think I) need and want.
  • Sometimes the answered prayer does not look the way I thought it would.
  • I love my hair.  And I think it knows it. 

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this! Every single one...I miss flirting...lol...Submission and surrender are beautiful words, and that's coming from Miss Sister Independent Strong Black Woman 2000-2010, reigning queen baby, reigning queen! Not only do I not believe in stockings...I don't believe in shaving in the winter! TMI but you my girl so I know you won't jurdge (misspelling intentional) tehe
    Mental health days should be standard practice at places of employment, no really, they should. You already know I'm more and more like mama April than I would ever imagine admitting, and even though fast food doesn't do a body good, who can turn down a good 12 piece Chick-Fil-et nugget? No really, will there be one? Lol
    #sistaword

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment had me cracking up!!!!! Thank you for seconding my list Miss Sister Independent Strong Black Woman! And don't worry about your TMI moment because we believe the same thing! LOL

      Delete