Friday, October 2, 2020

Busy Isn't Brave

A phrase bubbled up during morning meditation. Busy isn't brave.

I googled it. Authors instruct readers to be less busy; instead, be perceived as accessible to those you lead.

My schedule of activities prevents me from dreaming, perceiving, and listening. When busy, I don't feel well. Even natural bodily sensations, like foot tickles during a pedicure, escape me.

Busy makes me numb. I hide in busy.

I desire to be present, aware, and accessible to God's leading.

Yes, I use strategies to combat busy. I carve out time for sleep and morning walks. But what truly slows me down - limits my desire to be full of activities - is going to God first. And we talk. He tells me he loves me. I tell him I'm tired. He reminds me of my purpose. I remind him that truly living it seems out of reach. He shares that I go in His name, with His power. I say "Oh yeah! I forgot about that".

Busy dissolves into purpose-driven action engulfed in God's strength. And it's the most courageous place I experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment