Thursday, December 6, 2012

Radio On

When my mother and her siblings were young, they would visit Grandma Josephine every weekend.  And every weekend they were required to clean up.  She had a chore for each and every one of them.  To help them work a little better, she would turn the radio on; it was always tuned to a gospel station.  When Grandma Josephine would leave earshot, they would all try to turn the dial to a station playing popular music.  Unfortunately for my mom, aunts, and uncles, the "possessed radio", as my mom likes to call it, could not be tuned to any other station but the gospel one.  There was no reception, only static, when they changed the dial.  Why did Grandma Josephine's radio only play gospel?  I believe that the radio had been tuned into that station for so long that it did not know how to pick up the radio waves of any other station.  I want to be tuned into God like that radio was tuned into the gospel station.  I want people to try and turn my dial only to find that the only sound/information that comes from me is of God.  I want every other station in my life to be static if that means that God's station/position in my life is crystal clear, easily audible.

September 18, 2008
Age 21

No comments:

Post a Comment