Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Crickets and Puppies

I was out at a local recreation facility and a little girl approached me.  She was about 8 or 9.  She needed helped opening her soda.  Of all the adults in the lobby, she gently approached me and happily skipped away once I obliged.

I thought to myself, "Awwww I miss when my sisters were that little."

That one encounter brought me back to my big sister days, and I suddenly remembered how much I like nurturing.

A few days later, my mother asked me if I wanted a dog her coworker was trying to find a home for.

Ten days after that I became the adoptive mom to an energetic, playful, and oh so snuggly 8-week old Dachshund named Pepper.  (I'll share pics in a future post!)

Pepper and I are adjusting to life together, which explains the hiatus from writing.  But no worries, the Boyd Sisters asked me to prepare a little something for Inspirational Mondays.  Check out a part of my story on their site! 

And stay tuned for an "Encounter" series.  I have asked my sisters in Christ to prepare something to fill the dead air time.   The Boyd Sisters will share their Encounter real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment