Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Can't Call Another Woman a...

Contains language that some may consider explicit or offensive. Reader discretion is advised. 

I can't call another woman a whore, ho, ho-bag, slut, trick, or [insert any other offensive term for a seemingly promiscuous woman here].

You see, women are designed to receive. (Somebody's mind just jumped right into the gutter.  Keep it together.  Stay with me.)

By the design of our bodies, including our sex organs, we are made to encompass others into our being.  

We are nurturers!



When someone is hurting, we want them well.
When someone is disappointed, we deliver words of encouragement.
When an injustice has occurred, we attack the root in the hopes that no one else will have to suffer the same.

And in return, we desire fulfillment.  We want to know that we are needed.  We want to know that we are appreciated.  We want to know that we are beautiful.  We want to know that we are desired.

(I maintain that this is not the whole picture of femininity.  There is more to women - a whole lot more - but I am using these words to make a point.)

So, when Reggie Bush approaches, and he's saddened because he's lost a game, we want to make him feel better.  (Well I know I would want to LOL!)  And somewhere down the line, we've learned that sharing our bodies with him will make him really happy.  

So we share.  But Reggie may be looking for someone else as a match and he moves on.  But we're still there wondering if we are needed, if we are appreciated, if we are wanted.  So we move on to ask another man, and another, and another. 

In our brokenness, we keep searching.  

When I see a "loose" woman, I see her pain, her rejection, her brokenness.

But hey, wouldn't you know it, as we're searching, HE is looking for us.  Christ is searching for us, knowing that He is sufficient to fill us to the point of searching no more.



To my sisters: I recently attended a beautiful wedding ceremony.  I met the groom, Randy, during the holiday season of 2009; I rang in the new year with him and his girlfriend at the time, Julie my beloved friend. From the moment I met Randy, I could see his kind nature.  His actions were sincere.  His laugh was both light and hearty, kind of like a giddy kid on Christmas and the way we would imagine Santa to laugh, at the same time. His love for Julie was so strong and sincere that it overflowed.  As Randy expressed kindness as an act of love toward Julie, I felt as if he was doting on me!  On their wedding day, I watched as Randy wrung his hands in nervous-excitement. When the church doors opened on Julie in all her beauty in wedding white, Randy could hardly hold back the tears.  He was about to call his beloved  his and he intended to lavish love on her for the rest of their days together.  

Thinking back on their special day, I am reminded of the lavish love the Father bestows on us, his daughters.  Journey with me into my imagination.  I see Christ standing at the alter as each one us, his daughters, his brides, makes her way down the aisle.  He lets the tears come.  When he lifts the veil, our handsome groom washes away the shame from sexual sin, lies, idolatry, and every other thing that has kept us from him.  He presents us to the Big Man, God, and our white robes are stunning.  

So, if Jesus is the groom, God the priest, and the Holy Spirit a witness to the account, who is walking us down the aisle?  Well ladies, it looks like it's our husbands!  Single ladies, if the man you like is unable to walk you down the aisle into the Father's presence, then I would caution your devotion to him.  He should be able to help usher you into deeper intimacy with your Lord.  If he is taking you in another direction, break loose, and run the other way! Why?  The only one who can fill those deep longings for love and acceptance is Christ.  

I know the waiting is hard.  You want to share yourself, your beauty, with your brothers. I know it's hard to hold back.  But the companionship we crave comes with the bride-groom.  Beloved, wait. Please.


(Writer's Note: Content from the book "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge inspired me to write this post.  Check it out! The companion book for males is called "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge.  I welcome comments, so tell me your thoughts!)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Christ is the only one that can fill those voids! And as single ladies our heart should be so close to God that man would have to search for God in order to find our hearts. Elise I was looking for an email for you. We wanted to feature you on our blog. Please email us at boydsisters12@gmail.com if you are interested. Here is our blog: http://theboydsisters.blogspot.com/

    God Bless and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete