Friday, May 3, 2013

Why I Write

Writing helps me to confront my emotions and thoughts.  I can then move on to rejecting lies, accepting truth, and healing.

Writing helps to reveal the real me.  It's easy to stay hidden in the shadows.  I used to be afraid of my words and thoughts.  I feared that they would enable others to dismiss me.  Well, I am not so afraid anymore.

I write because I can use my words to build up and encourage.  That's one of my gifts.

I write because a mentor told me that my experiences would help another young woman one day.  I am not sure if I will meet this young woman face to face or if she'll be an unknown reader... but here, my dear, this is for you. 

I pray you peace as you navigate young adulthood.  I pray that you will find your voice, and let your innerman guide you.  I pray that you will find good friends and caring mentorsI pray that you will embrace the love of the FatherI pray you unspeakable joy.  And I pray that you will know triumph in all that the Father ordains you to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment