Saturday, October 12, 2013

Warrior

Genesis 32: 24-30 (KJV)

24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.
30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

These past three weeks I have been feeling a little dry.  It's not just the circumstances I described in "A Country Music Week".  I have felt a lack of connection with God's Word, and a lack of clarity regarding next steps.  What do I pray for Lord?  What should I be doing?  

I attended a prophetic service last night.  I sat back as just another observer.  But as I soaked in that atmosphere, I began to pick up timely words from the Lord.  As the leaders were calling out people in the audience to give messages to, I was writing down what God highlighted for me.  


Here's one: "After wrestling with God, Jacob came out with a different name."

A different name. 

 
These dry weeks remind me of the brutal 22 months of (spiritual) fatigue, loneliness, regret, and confusion I experienced in graduate school.  "What am I doing here Lord?"  I spent many days and nights feeling like my prayers were falling on deaf ears.  "Where are you Lord?"

Two and half years later, I'm now able to look back at those circumstances and view that time as a welcome season of character development from the Lord.  I wrestled with the Lord then.  And now, my new name is Warrior.

I can be described as reserved.  But with this new name, I have a fiery desire to stand firm for the things of the Lord - battling false teaching, principalities, and mountains of sin and strongholds along the way.  

In this current dry period, I am tempted to run back to "reserved" status.  It's easier to be walled up in survival mode than to face battle (and possible defeat).  But wait, I'm on the winning side!  He has equipped me to war for righteousness and peace.  And that's exactly what I am going to do.  I am going to boldly pray for restoration in my relationships, and for divine intervention in my natural circumstances.  I will humble myself in his presence for the refreshing that I need.  I am going to step out in business opportunities, share my dreams, and seek his heart for me.  Protecting my peace is on my priority list, and so is preparing my heart for worship and thanksgiving always.  I will suit up with spiritual armor daily.  This is no longer a year off - from dating or otherwise - but a year on in pursuit of Christ's heart and the manifestation of the Kingdom here on earth.

This Warrior chants "restoration" and "honor".  

Let faith arise in this heart oh Lord.  Have your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment