Sunday, July 7, 2013

Watching Her Grow

Pepper Jane Lockamy, my little honey bunches of oats, has learned how to jump up on the couch without any assistance. Yes, she is now tall enough to disturb my naps when she wants some snuggle time.

And I am so proud! 

It has been an absolute delight to watch her grow.  Once a month I find myself loosening her collar so that it's not too tight around her neck.  Soon, I'll be enlarging her crate so she has more room to stretch.

After observing this latest couch feat, I got to thinking, "Is the Father as delighted to watch me grow?"

In my walk, I sometimes come to these places where I get frustrated with God.  "Lord, what's up with this process?" "Why wont you just give me everything now so I don't have to deal with all of this?"

I am learning that it's in the trials and perseverance that I 1) grow closer to him, 2) develop better relationships with those around me (since I can't do everything myself), and 3) find out that I have these wonderful gifts and talents within me.

I like to imagine that as I step out in faith, make myself vulnerable, and allow his love to fill me, that he's watching, saying, "That's my girl! I am so proud!"

No comments:

Post a Comment