Monday, July 8, 2013

Overcomer

I heard about the rice experiement.  The "researcher" places rice, from the same bag or what have you, in two jars.  The rice is stored for a set amount of time, let's say a few weeks.  One rice jar is continuously told, "You are good rice.  You are valuable".  The other jar is told, "You are bad rice."  After a few weeks, the rice jars are examined. The "good rice" is thriving.  The "bad rice" is moldy and only fit for disposal. 



Well I was having a "bad rice" moment a few days ago.  I was stuck in one of those mental ruts again.  I was like, "I am not going to make it through these feelings."  And then I heard something.  I knew it was Him.  With this newfound intimacy with Him, I can recognize his voice.  He said, "You're an overcomer."

And that was it.  That was all I needed to hear.  I looked up and said, "Oh yeah.  That's right.  I'm an overcomer. This is temporary.  I am going to make it.  I am going to make it through debt, and feelings of regret.  I'm an overcomer."

He wants to see me thrive.  I forget that sometimes.  Thanks for the reminder Papa God!

No comments:

Post a Comment