Thursday, August 1, 2013

Low Storage

This weird looking symbol showed up on the top of my phone. It looks like a paint brush and a palette.  However, I think it's supposed to be a disc and an exclamation point.  At any rate, it appeared to tell me that my phone is running low on storage space.

 Well, I know the culprit.  It's my gallery.  I have 200+ photos on my smartphone and I have not even considered saving them somewhere else, or, heaven forbid, printing them out.
   
I immediately began scrolling through the photos.  There's my baby cousin Heaven; I can track her development from infancy to toddler-hood.  There are the mirror pics I've taken with my sisters.  "Why does Ava have my sweatshirt on???  Hmph!"  There are the selfies before special events - that Rihanna concert was great by the way - and the pictures I took of all the fish at the aquarium.  Good times!







 
 

Then there are the pics from all my adventures.  There's the hike up Stone Mountain, Julie's wedding in Boston, my road trip to Kansas City, the Blue Ridge Mountains, Cali, Tennessee.  And all of my pics feature rolling hills, mountain  landscapes, and these expansive, incredible views of cities and places of significance in my life.
 
And I ponder.  

I am reminded of God's whisper - "You're an overcomer."

Every mountain ridge in each photo reminds me of the journey to get up, to climb out of the rut.  The photos also remind me that there's something beautiful up top.  The view, the air, the quiet, the peace, the beauty... it's accessible.  It's worth it.  I wouldn't appreciate it without the stumbles on the journey up, would I?  Nope. 

There's a big picture in the midst of every hardship isn't there?  There's a way he can make the pain beautiful isn't there?  As I drudge through I have to remember His view, his beautiful mountain view.

Now I'm excited!  Let me clear these old photos out because the ones to come are going to be INCREDIBLE!  #nofilter




 

No comments:

Post a Comment